“Water must be treated as a precious resource and needs to be managed into a future of droughts and floods”
G’Day USA, US-Australian Dialogue 2017 Stanford University
- Americans actions tend to be reactionary versus pro-active.
- Decentralized infrastructure/energy approaches that create multiple benefits are being looked at by Americans and Australians for low income, urban regions experiencing water issues.
- Australians found that integrating science, arts and social considerations works.
- Critical people and environmental needs in Australia are dealt with first followed by high priority, general and low security water needs.
- Australia, many times, manages using proportional thresholds. California tends to use absolute thresholds.